*Sherried Salmon Bisque*
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen salmon steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh shiitake or other mushrooms
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced leeks or 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dried dillweed
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half or light cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- Thaw salmon, if frozen. Discard skin and bones. Melt margarine or butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and leeks or green onion; cook 1 or 2 minutes until tender. Stir in chicken broth, fresh dill or dried dillweed, and pepper. Bring mixture to boiling.
- Combine half-and-half or light cream and cornstarch; stir into mushroom mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Add salmon and simmer, covered, about 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Gently stir in the dry sherry. Makes 2 servings.